Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Sunday, March 4, 2012

This is Country Music....

I'm kind of a home-body during the school/work week.  I don't like to work all day and then have to rush home and get ready to go somewhere for the evening.  When I get home "late" (10:00), I don't feel like I have time to wind down and I don't sleep as well.  In other words, my life is completely lame during the week...and I like it that way! :)


This past Thursday, I was excited to spend the evening with an old set of friends.  Change is never easy and sometimes when you leave something, it gives you the realization that things will never be what they once were.  When Matt and I first moved to TN, we joined a small group at church that really changed our lives.  This group was our family.  Lots of us have moved on to new churches, new small groups, etc. so it was really nice to see all these girls again.  I know that no matter what happens, these girls will always be there for me and my family.
Love all these sweet, sweet girls!


<><> <><> <><>
One of our fearless leaders, Amy

Friday was Dr. Seuss Day at school, but honestly I just couldn't wait until Friday night!  I knew Brad Paisley was waiting for us and I couldn't wait to get my Yee-Haw on!  The weather was horrible and I had to wait out a hail storm to even get to dinner, but the worst of the storms hit while we were at the concert.  We were oblivious to the weather by that point because BP put on an amazing show!  We definitely got our money's worth!


 Dinner at Aubrey's before the concert.
 It was 115 degrees in the Arena...thus my sweaty, flat hair before the show even started!  Thanks, Thompson Boling.
 Not really a big fan of Scotty, but he is surely a cutie-pie.

This gentleman thought he was Tim McGraw..ha! 
 Love me some Band Perry!
 Brad was incredible!  He sounds just as good live and puts on a very entertaining show.
 We were so surprised when Brad's BFF showed up to sing their romantic hit, "Remind Me". 
Luckily, the peeps in front of us left early so we had great comfortable seats....rockin' our cowboy boots. 

A concert isn't a concert without a little Krispy Kreme afterwards!


Saturday night we went out to dinner to "celebrate" my best friend, Tiffani's, 30th birthday.  We were out of town the weekend of her birthday and with 2 little kiddos, birthday celebrations are a little different than they used to be!

 The fancy place we ate dinner..ha!
Noah and his buddy, Ella.  Yes, she is eating 3 suckers.  She likes variety. :) 
Noah loves taking pictures of us in the car....I'm not sure why I look like I'm about to give him a knuckle sammich'.

Enjoying a little Dunkin' Donuts for dessert.  My how life changes with kids! 


All in all, it's been a great past few days!  As I sit here on Sunday night, I am still in a slight Nyquil coma and Noah has been throwing up for the past 3 hours.  All good things must come to an end!


Keep Walking....


No comments:

Post a Comment