Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Weekend Frenzy

This past weekend was one of those weekends I wish I could KNOW for sure that Noah will remember when he's 30....but I don't remember many weekends from when I was 5, so that probably won't be the case.  Glad I snapped some pictures to help him remember! :)

On Friday, I was SO excited to get to go see one of my 1st grade team members and her new baby girl!  Beth is so precious and even though we only met in August, I feel like I have known her my whole life.  She and her husband tried for 3 years to get pregnant before starting the adoption process.  God has fully answered their prayers this month...and QUICKLY!  One day we were having a normal day at work...and the next...she was a Mommy!  They still have pieces of the process to finish, but they are legal guardians to sweet, sweet Delaney Jane (LOVE that name)!

Here are some pictures of our visit...let me preface them by saying that on Friday nights...I am WIPED OUT.  I feel exhausted and I look about as tired as I feel....loving 1st graders all week is hard on a girl!  Give me a break and excuse the hot mess I look like...ha!


My 2 boys loving on a baby girl!

Hoping Noah is this gentle when he has a little brother/sister.  One can dream, right?

I have never seen a happier Mommy!


Or a happier Daddy....

Sweet Delaney Jane Goins....we are so happy you joined our Rock Star team!  You are a perfect addition!



After loving on the baby, we packed up and hit the road to Nashville, TN!  I love Nashville.  It is such a fun place to be on the weekends!  We bought Noah tickets for Valentine's Day to see his favorite hockey team, the San Jose Sharks, play in Nashville.  I'm not gonna lie...it was hard going to the Nashville Predators Arena and not cheering for the Preds.  We felt VERY alone... and hated...ha!  And we realized how many times the TN fans say "You Suck" to the other team.  Kind of obnoxious, but we participated last time so what can I say?

The highlight of the night was definitely when Noah was the ONLY Sharks fan to get a puck from one of the players!  We got there early to watch the players warm up and it really paid off!  He kept saying "I can't believe I got the puck!"...it didn't hurt that he was in full Sharks gear and is cute as a button. ;)  Here are a few pictures from the 1st part of the trip...

We stopped by the REI store to pick up some things for Noah's upcoming fishing trip and our trip to Hawaii.  (Did I mention we changed our anniversary trip from CA to Hawaii?) ;0  He fell in love with these gorilla shoes and rain jacket.  He is now ready for some fly fishing Paw-Paw and Uncle Davey!




A well deserved snack after shopping!

My boys ready for the game!

I don't know who gets more excited about hockey...Noah or Momma! ;)


Waiting patiently for the players!


Thank you random usher..and only other person in the arena...for taking our family picture!

One of our favorite players..."Big Joe" Thornton

After we made our way back to our seats, we let Noah hold his special puck.  Love the excitement in his eyes!

Although the Sharks lost, it didn't get this boy down.  He loves the trip because he LOVES hotel rooms.  The boy would live in one if we let him.  Maybe he is destined for a career that involves lots of traveling and hotel stays? ;)




The next day, we did something Momma wanted to do and that was to visit the Country Music Hall of Fame.  Ya'll...I love music...and I definitely love me some country music.  I also love History so I thought it would be something I would enjoy.  It definitely was. 

There were parts that really took me back to my childhood...riding in my Momma's bright green Cordoba that had a trick horn (nice, Mom) and listening to Oldies and Country music.  It also took me back to Friday nights in my home where we watched Hee-Haw as a family.  I looked forward to it every week.  If you ever visit Nashville, you should check it out.  Unless you are a country music hater...are there such things?

This reminded me of one of my favorite movies, Walk the Line.  So wish I could have seen this concert in person!

Loved watching Minnie Pearl on Hee-Haw!

For my parents...I felt like we needed to eat at the Sea-Farer after seeing this poster! ;)

Outfit worn by my favorite Rascal Flatt...Gary.  No comments from the haters. :) I D-I-G me some Rascal Flatts.

Everyone may have their opinions about Dolly (and her chest), but I know what she does for the children of East Tennessee and to me...she is a FIRST CLASS lady!  Every time Noah sees a book, he says "Did Dolly get that for me?"...he loves getting her books in the mail.

All in all, we had a great weekend!  It ended on a major highlight when I found a Guns 'N Roses shirt at Forever 21...holla!  I have a special place in my heart for GNR.  Noah was delivered by C-section while GNR blasted over the speakers of the O.R.  Maybe that's why he's so rebellious sometimes. ;)

Hope you all have a great week!

P.S. Reason #34 why I don't blog every day.  This post took me 2 hours to get finished due to all my "little" interruptions. :)  Give me patience, Lord!

Keep Walking...


No comments:

Post a Comment