Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Greatness....and Nothing Less!

Whew!  This has been a week!  I have been a little more stressed this week than usual, but the week is finally beginning to wind down a little.  Here are my top 5 stresses this week:


1. A massive 12 point unannounced observation at work.

2. Never ending literacy assessments on our children.

3. Noah's big hockey game coming up on Saturday.

4. Pretty much anything to do with parenting.

5. Having to go to Walmart 4 times this week.

As of today, my observation is over with (thank you, Lord!).  I don't know how many of you get "observed" at your job, but it is nerve racking!  I don't mind people watching me teach...I work hard and know I'm a good teacher...but having someone critique everything you say and do is a little unnerving.  I explained it to someone earlier this week:

"Teaching children is kind of like being the one who walks into a wild animal's cage to feed it.  If you have a good day, you have a really good day.  If the "wild children animals" are having a bad day, they could literally bite your hand off.  You just don't know what you are going to get."  Fortunately, my little animals had a pretty good day today. :)

Noah has a big hockey game on Saturday.  We are so proud of him!  His coach told us Monday night that he is "athletically ready" to move to the next level, but he would be the youngest/smallest kid in that level.  We decided to keep him with his peers for this level...AKA...I don't want "Jolly Green Giant" #34 taking out my itty-bitty baby. ;)  Saturday is hockey night in Knoxville, and he will have his name called out over the loudspeaker as he enters the ice.  I'm having visions of "And #9 is NOAH MALLERY!"....and Noah Mallery freezes and refuses to go on the ice.  I don't think it will happen...but you never know.  We have bribed him with a celebration meal afterwards at Fuddruckers...I SO HOPE that is enough!

Even though work has been more stressful this week, we at Claxton Elementary ALWAYS find time to celebrate something.  Monday we celebrated Rachel's birthday and today we celebrated one of our Reading Recovery teacher's 50th birthday!  We celebrate with food.  Me like.

We decided to all wear black to support Gladys on her 50th.  Our school theme is "Greatness...and Nothing Less".  Ironically, the front of our shirts simply say "Greatness" in big letters.  I actually feel very confident when I wear this shirt to school...but very arrogant when I wear it to Walmart.  And considering the "Greatness" goes right across our chests....wellllll....pretty sure a man designed this shirt. ;)




Have a great rest of the week!  I can't wait to post all about Noah's hockey game!

Keep Walking Friends....One Step At A Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment