Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Sunday, January 29, 2012

100's Day, Birthdays, Baby Days and Hockey Days...Oh My!

My favorite day of the week is Friday.  I love going to work on Friday knowing the weekend is coming up.  I love Friday nights knowing that most of the time, I don't have to get up nearly as early as I do during the week.  I love going out on Friday nights and celebrating the end of another productive and good week.  I would almost say that I wish every night was Friday night, but then like all special things, it probably wouldn't be so special anymore if I overdid it.

Friday was a special day at school.  It was our 100th day of school!  We celebrated all day with several different things and the phrase I kept hearing in my classroom over and over again was.."Mrs. Mallery, this is the BEST day of my life!" (they say that every time we have a party..ha!).  Here are a few things we did to celebrate:

We made homemade popcorn the night before for the kids!  Noah is waiting for the popping to begin!

The kids' favorite activity was making a 100th day trail mix with 100 items in it.  YUM!

Practicing filling in their 100's chart while using food...genius!

We did 100's Day Graphs for Math and used paper chains to record the 100 books we read in class that day!

Here are our Snowman Projects...and yes...one on the bottom is made with toilet paper..ha!

Our students teach us something new every day.  Here is why I will probably never eat a Cheeto again.

The Cheese Puff nose grease is slowly taking over the entire Snowman...um...YUCK.


Friday night we went out to celebrate another great week at school and specifically to celebrate Rachel's 29th birthday! 


Yummy Mexican dinner at Abuelo's!


Then we took the little munchkin out for ice cream later that night!  He took 3 bites and then turned his $4 ice cream into a "let's watch it melt" science experiment.  Sheesh.


Saturday morning, I was excited to go celebrate my beautiful friend Kristen at her baby shower!  She is due in March with her 2nd baby...a boy named Parker!


Look at this precious belly cake!  It even has an outy belly button! :)



Love you, Kristen!  Can't wait to love on Baby Parker...or "Porker" ;)

Saturday evening was Hockey Night in Knoxville!  We were pretty excited to have Noah participate in his first hockey night.  He did a great job considering all that was going on that night.  His rink was a different size, there was loud music playing during his game, and about 200 crazy parents (us not included) yelling and beating against the glass.  Needless to say, our little man was a tad nervous and distracted.  We were proud parents none the less!


His name on his "locker room" :)


Proud supporters!!


"Chilly" surprised us from behind...I'm a little wary about mascots.  I mean...who is really in there?  SCARY. ;)


Heading out to our celebratory dinner at Fuddruckers!

Hope you had as good of a weekend as we did!  Back to the grind tomorrow....I'm dreaming of snow in February.  Dream with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment