Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Walking Through Life One Step at a Time

Monday, July 30, 2012

SpaTini 2012

SpaTini 2012 has come and gone so quickly...
I actually love to camp for real..like in the woods...with a tent...and no showers.  But my precious mother?  She is definitely the woman in the poster above.  Girlfriend loves her hotels, coffee, and 25 minute facewash routines with WARM water.


Any time the 3 of us get together, we are always in for good food, good drinks, and good laughs (not to mention a little irresponsible debit card activity).


We always stay in Biltmore Park which is about 2 hours from Knoxville and 2 hours from Charlotte..it's the perfect halfway meeting spot for us!  The Hilton hotel is in the square and it's surrounded by places to eat and places to shop...not to mention a movie theatre for all you movie buffs!  We are way too talkative to go to the movies together.



Biltmore Park!

We started Friday with a great lunch at 131 Main and then it was off to the spa!  Sensibilities Spa is located right inside the Hilton so we don't have to drive (great thing since most of you saw my mother after her last spa treatment).  Don't think we want her on the road!




I opted for the Hot Stone Massage and a Pedicure this year.  The pedi was simply because my feet have been walking (barefoot, of course) on hot pavement all summer and needed some TLC.  I was super excited to try the hot stone massage as I had heard mixed reviews on it.  Let's just say...I AM A FAN OF THE HOT STONE MASSAGE.


Listen.  I am a terrible relaxer.  I feel silly getting massages.  I am usually freezing to death during the massage and am ALWAYS thinking of stuff when I really am supposed to be zoning out.  This time was different.  I was actually relaxed and never got cold since there were 150 degree hot stones being used to massage me.  I even had little hot stones in between each one of my toes!  HEAVEN!!!  Needless to say---momma liked and recommends. ;) (PS..I was NOT holding a flower during my massage...ha!)






Friday night we went to our favorite Italian place Travinia and had a wonderful dinner (slightly interrupted by an obnoxious, loud mouth Northerner who needed some southern women to put him in his place).  ***SIDENOTE---Men...it is extremely unattractive and RUDE to yell and snap your fingers at your female waitress.***  Just sayin'.


With our fabulous waitress at Travinia...she needed to feel some Southern love after her rude Yankee customer. :)

Saturday we headed to Biltmore Village for a little girl time including shopping and lunch.  We had a great time browsing and looking around and stopped at a yummy little place called The Corner Kitchen for lunch.




I cannot discuss what went on after lunch but I will say it involved the White House/Black Market store...several outfit changes...and some super cute red shoes.  I may have passed my Sorceress of Shopping title to someone else. ;)


That night, we went to a fabulous dinner spot called the Red Stag Grill.  It is in the bottom of the Grand Bohemian Hotel and we had a great dinner in a fabulous atmosphere.  I would highly recommend this grill if you are looking for a dinner on the "fancy-shmancy" side.  PS...I ate Elk for dinner!  Delish!

The room we ate in (with a slightly smaller table)


You can't tell...but the menus LIT UP when we opened them...ha!  We were extremely excited by this!





After dinner, my party animal mom didn't want to go to bed yet, so we sat outside on the patio at another place and had a little champagne and people watched (best sport ever).

The Temptress of Mixology strikes again!  This is her idea of fair sharing the champagne?  I think not. ;)
Sunday morning we always eat at Tupelo Honey for breakfast.  YUM!  I despise breakfast food but they make an amazing "breakfast bowl" with black beans, goat cheese grits, bacon and melted cheese.  I add a little hot sauce and BAM...my kind of breakfast.  (Some of you probably just threw up in your mouth.)  If you are ever in A-Ville, I highly recommend looking it up!

All in all, there are few things in life that I enjoy as much as a weekend with my mom and sister-in-law. 

I love to laugh..we laugh. 

I love to eat..we eat. 

I love to shop..we shop.

I love to dance at clubs...we...ok I haven't gotten them to do that quite yet.

LONG LIVE SPATINI WEEKEND!


No comments:

Post a Comment